Articles, Events, Bible Readings, Testimonies, Highlights and more!
Tips for Home-schooling
Congratulations to all parents who are currently home-schooling, whether you are working from home or not, because home-schooling isn’t easy at all.
Some days are definitely easier than others and the biggest challenge for parents working from home is to sit and support their child(ren) while staying focused on their own work. For those with multiple children, you might even want to pull your hair our having to supervise them all at once. Here are a few things to consider when home-schooling.
1. Create and establish a routine by waking up in good time to have breakfast and get ready so your child and/or you don’t feel rushed. Especially if there is a time for morning registration.
2. It’s good for them to not stay in pyjamas all day but rather get ready as if they are going to school.
3. Look through the work your child has to do and plan together. Depending on the child’s age, work out what they can do by themselves and what they’ll need help with.
4. If you have more than one child, create a rota when it comes to using devices for their work or ask the school for print outs.
5. Sit your child in a comfortable space in natural light (if possible) with minimum distractions.
6. Start with their favourite topic to ease them into their work.
7. Be flexible and patient in your approach to their work.
8. If your child is able to work independently, maybe check on them every hour.
9. Try to have a short break between topics (5 minutes) and at least 45 minutes to one hour break for lunch together to catch up.
10. Give a lot of praise as your child is doing his/her best.
11. When you feel like you are getting overwhelmed or frustrated, take a 5 or 10-minute break.
12. For older children; you can set up Zoom groups with friends where they can do the work together, depending on their age, supervised by parents on a rota.
13. Try doing their PE lesson outdoors rather than indoors so you can all get some fresh air and have fun.
14. Don’t be afraid to contact your child’s class teacher or another parent, if you have not understood the work set.
15. Your child’s wellbeing is most important, a couple of hours of schoolwork a day is fine.
This is personal advice I have tried but I’m very conscious that children work at their own pace and have different approaches to their school work. We are all trying our best. Be kind to yourself, you’re not a teacher. Take your time, relax because you won’t be much help to your child if you are stressed out or frustrated all the time.
Remember, this too shall pass.
[2 minute read] Jesus told his church to be salt and light in the world. That is, to penetrate society with the healthy influence of our salt-like presence, and to illuminate society’s thinking with the light of gospel values.
[3 minute read] The bride in the Song of Solomon felt bad she had not taken enough care of herself, and the wedding day was just around the corner!
[3 minute read] For Tubo and Vanessa 2020 was a tumultuous year as they went from news of miscarriage to the birth of their second child – all during the Covid-19 lockdown.
[4 minute read] In his message Pay Attention to Prophecy Colin Dye explained that personal prophecies can be helpful and encouraging as you seek to follow God’s will for your life.
[2 minute read] Cell church is church without walls. People are reached right where they are. Christian witness happens in the market place and not just in the meeting place. Beginning with the obstacle of building-bound church, barriers between us and the lost are broken down and removed. The cells build bridges for the community to see Christ in action.
[4 minute read] What is the purpose of the cell vision in Kensington Temple? The answer is surprisingly simple. The cell groups exist to minister to and facilitate the spiritual life and growth of the members.
[5 minute read] Hard to believe it was a year ago when we celebrated with the Latin American countries at Kensington Temple and what a memorable night – Latin American Food, music, dance, and an opportunity to share the gospel.
[6 minute read] I cannot imagine anything more life-enriching than knowing that I am blessed and highly favoured by God. All the great Bible characters were not so great in themselves, but the moment the favour of God touched them, they changed nations and fulfilled their destinies.
[3 minute video] Geoffrey Sleiman – one of KT’s editors provides some tips you might find useful when filming for your videos or zoom meetings.
[3 minute read] Many who hold to the theory of evolution wonder what’s in store for the human race. Are we going to evolve into a new superhuman, even divine human species? As is often the case with questions only recently conceived, the Bible anticipated and answered this one thousands of years ago.
Revival TimesArticles, Events, Bible Readings, Testimonies, Highlights and more!PAST ISSUES November 2020 August 2020 July 2020 June 2020 May 2020 April 2020 March 2020 Feb 2020 Jan 2020 Dec 2019 Nov 2019 Oct...
Revival Times BlogArticles, Events, Bible Readings, Testimonies, Highlights and more!If this fails to load: Download PDF Version PAST ISSUES November 2020 August 2020 July 2020 June 2020 May 2020 April 2020...
RT: XTRA Articles July Bible Reading Plan Overcoming the Evil of Racism with Good Elim Statement on Racial Justice RT:Xtra May: Finance Resurrection Reality by Jonathan Gwilt PAST ISSUES...