Articles, Events, Bible Readings, Testimonies, Highlights and more!
Tips for Home-schooling
Congratulations to all parents who are currently home-schooling, whether you are working from home or not, because home-schooling isn’t easy at all.
Some days are definitely easier than others and the biggest challenge for parents working from home is to sit and support their child(ren) while staying focused on their own work. For those with multiple children, you might even want to pull your hair our having to supervise them all at once. Here are a few things to consider when home-schooling.
1. Create and establish a routine by waking up in good time to have breakfast and get ready so your child and/or you don’t feel rushed. Especially if there is a time for morning registration.
2. It’s good for them to not stay in pyjamas all day but rather get ready as if they are going to school.
3. Look through the work your child has to do and plan together. Depending on the child’s age, work out what they can do by themselves and what they’ll need help with.
4. If you have more than one child, create a rota when it comes to using devices for their work or ask the school for print outs.
5. Sit your child in a comfortable space in natural light (if possible) with minimum distractions.
6. Start with their favourite topic to ease them into their work.
7. Be flexible and patient in your approach to their work.
8. If your child is able to work independently, maybe check on them every hour.
9. Try to have a short break between topics (5 minutes) and at least 45 minutes to one hour break for lunch together to catch up.
10. Give a lot of praise as your child is doing his/her best.
11. When you feel like you are getting overwhelmed or frustrated, take a 5 or 10-minute break.
12. For older children; you can set up Zoom groups with friends where they can do the work together, depending on their age, supervised by parents on a rota.
13. Try doing their PE lesson outdoors rather than indoors so you can all get some fresh air and have fun.
14. Don’t be afraid to contact your child’s class teacher or another parent, if you have not understood the work set.
15. Your child’s wellbeing is most important, a couple of hours of schoolwork a day is fine.
This is personal advice I have tried but I’m very conscious that children work at their own pace and have different approaches to their school work. We are all trying our best. Be kind to yourself, you’re not a teacher. Take your time, relax because you won’t be much help to your child if you are stressed out or frustrated all the time.
Remember, this too shall pass.
[4 minute read] What is the purpose of the cell vision in Kensington Temple? The answer is surprisingly simple. The cell groups exist to minister to and facilitate the spiritual life and growth of the members.
[5 minute read] Hard to believe it was a year ago when we celebrated with the Latin American countries at Kensington Temple and what a memorable night – Latin American Food, music, dance, and an opportunity to share the gospel.
[6 minute read] I cannot imagine anything more life-enriching than knowing that I am blessed and highly favoured by God. All the great Bible characters were not so great in themselves, but the moment the favour of God touched them, they changed nations and fulfilled their destinies.
[3 minute video] Geoffrey Sleiman – one of KT’s editors provides some tips you might find useful when filming for your videos or zoom meetings.
[3 minute read] Many who hold to the theory of evolution wonder what’s in store for the human race. Are we going to evolve into a new superhuman, even divine human species? As is often the case with questions only recently conceived, the Bible anticipated and answered this one thousands of years ago.
[6 minute read] The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.
Jesus came to bring you the full and abundant life of His kingdom. This life, is the rich, spiritual life of God Himself that overflows into His creation. When God made the world, He provided for it in abundance. It was teeming with life!
Colin Dye Senior Minister Follow Colin Dye on: www.facebook.com/colindye.org and his blog: www.colindye.comMany who hold to the theory of evolution wonder what’s in store for the human race. Are we going to evolve into a new superhuman, even divine human species? As...
Colin Dye Senior Minister Follow Colin Dye on: www.facebook.com/colindye.org and his blog: www.colindye.comA trip down Portobello Road on market day is good exercise for the nose.Everything from fish to curry, joss sticks to soaps, pavement BBQ to steamy kitchens, all...
Colin Dye Senior Minister Follow Colin Dye on: www.facebook.com/colindye.org and his blog: www.colindye.comEvery day is a new day. When we enter a New Year, the day seems especially fresh. We begin with renewed hope in the future and a good sense of leaving the past...
Colin Dye Senior Minister Follow Colin Dye on: www.facebook.com/colindye.org and his blog: www.colindye.com Grace is the unmerited favour God has poured into our lives through Christ. This extravagant provision is first and foremost for the removal of our sin so that...
Revival Times BlogArticles, Events, Bible Readings, Testimonies, Highlights and more!If this fails to load: Download PDF Version PAST ISSUES November 2020 August 2020 July 2020 June 2020 May 2020 April 2020...
RT: XTRA Articles July Bible Reading Plan Overcoming the Evil of Racism with Good Elim Statement on Racial Justice RT:Xtra May: Finance Resurrection Reality by Jonathan Gwilt PAST ISSUES...
RT: XTRA Articles June Bible Reading Plan Overcoming the Evil of Racism with Good Elim Statement on Racial Justice RT:Xtra May: Finance Resurrection Reality by Jonathan Gwilt PAST ISSUES...