- Pray for Government and Parliament to find a way forward, as Speaker John Bercow has blocked Theresa May from bringing back her Brexit deal for a third meaningful vote in the House of Commons, unless the Government makes “substantial” changes.
- Theresa May is urging the EU to help get her Brexit deal through the Commons by agreeing legally binding changes to the controversial backstop. The EU says the UK must come forward with new ideas to break the deadlock. The UK is due to leave on 29 March. Pray for the negotiations between Britain and the EU to discover a solution to the backstop that is acceptable to both parties.
- A no-deal Brexit would plunge the UK economy into recession and annual growth will slip below 1% this year for this first time since the financial crisis even if a deal is secured, the OECD has warned. Pray for the health of the UK economy to be sustained through the Brexit process.
- MPs will be able to have a fresh vote on the Brexit deal by 12 March, Prime Minister Theresa May has said. Pray for the unity within the UK Government and Parliament, and that they will make the right decision, and for successful deal with the EU.
- With the creation of the Independent Group from former Labour and Tory MPs the political landscape in Britain has become more fractured than it has ever been. Pray that the political parties and groups within the parties would be able to work together in unity with the Government and come to an agreement about Brexit in order to reach a deal with the EU.