Articles, Events, Bible Readings, Testimonies, Highlights and more!
A Giant Step Forward
Bringing transformational change within each Giant of Influence.
Following the Understanding the Times webinar on 23 January (watch below) we want to move forward in the 2020 Vision aim: to see every “giant” represented in KTLCC pursuing at least one major transformational change in that area of influence.
The panellists at the Understanding the Times Webinar raised a number of examples of problems we are facing as Christians in the market place.
Marriage & Family
• Young People looking for an avenue to ‘do something’ do not necessarily find an avenue at the church. There is a need to listen and get closer, develop relationships, heal, minister
Politics & Government
• City Hall excluded people from jobs because of views on Islam (overturned after lengthy process)
• Diversity and Inclusion events at City Hall/Civil Service includes expensive LGBT indoctrination
• Lord Pearson challenged on House of Lords code on conduct when querying ethnicity in grooming gangs
Education & Training
• Many locations having to deal with transgender toilets
• Stonewall, LGBT and Trans pressure group is active in schools for over 6 years
• School chose to not get involved over abuse regarding a ham sandwich
• Apology from pupil at school was ‘not good enough’ re ‘worshipping cows’ issue
• Parent used complaints procedure at school re ‘Raising Children without gender stereotypes’
• Religious Education appears to minimise Christianity to controversy over creation and intelligent design with Jesus as a moral teacher versus extensive teaching and teaching materials on Islam
Law & Order
• During adoption process, natural parents not likely to have influence whether new parents are LGBTQI+
• Changing laws to protect ‘divorce’ rights in same sex marriages
Medicine & Health
• Doctors required to wear rainbow lanyards
• The shift towards ‘non-gender-specific’ pronouns already in place
• Mental Health affected by WOKE – high suspicion of everyone that does not fit into an ‘acceptable’ identity group
Business & Finance
• Inclusion in the workplace does not appear to allow for the Christian point of view.
• Learn to work with those that may be transgender without being judgemental
We established some general principles for moving forward from the Understanding the Times Webinar.
• Do not stop at objecting – push for discussion
• We must engage wisely through social media as that’s where points of view are being expressed daily
• Encourage more involvement in the Giants, and unity across churches
• Apologise for the mistakes Christians have made in the past and humbly engage in the issues that confront us
• Remember that Equality Act 2010 legislation protects Religion and Belief among 9 protected areas
• Transform Work UK are supporting Christians in the workplace
• Reject Critical theory but look for positives and find common ground
• Do not ignore people’s pain.
• Make sure you approach the issues empathically and non-aggressively.
We also looked at some questions to stimulate thinking about the next steps:
Business & Finance
• How do we respond as Christians to pressure to comply with ‘diversity’ training?
• Do we resist or can we engage to bring Christian perspective?
Education & Training
• How do we counteract Stonewall / LGB / Trans / gender-identity curriculum and influences?
Marriage & Family
• How can parents respond to the influences coming into the home from school, media, institutions promoting woke-style diversity and inclusion?
Politics & Government
• How can we engage constructively with ‘diversity and inclusion policy and policy-makers?
• What are our doorways into these areas?
• What people or organisations are already at work in these areas? How can we connect with them?
• What resources / information is already available to us?
• Who in KT, outside the working group, is already active or ready to be activated?
• What should be the foci of the 3 ‘Giant Saturdays’ (see below)
Engaging with Giant events and activities
Make sure you register your interest and involvement in the Giants Ministry. You can do this by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or updating your profile on the KT Members login. You will be included in all communication of information and also alerted to forthcoming Giants events and activities.
[6 minute read] The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.
Jesus came to bring you the full and abundant life of His kingdom. This life, is the rich, spiritual life of God Himself that overflows into His creation. When God made the world, He provided for it in abundance. It was teeming with life!
Colin Dye Senior Minister Follow Colin Dye on: www.facebook.com/colindye.org and his blog: www.colindye.comMany who hold to the theory of evolution wonder what’s in store for the human race. Are we going to evolve into a new superhuman, even divine human species? As...
Colin Dye Senior Minister Follow Colin Dye on: www.facebook.com/colindye.org and his blog: www.colindye.comA trip down Portobello Road on market day is good exercise for the nose.Everything from fish to curry, joss sticks to soaps, pavement BBQ to steamy kitchens, all...
Colin Dye Senior Minister Follow Colin Dye on: www.facebook.com/colindye.org and his blog: www.colindye.comEvery day is a new day. When we enter a New Year, the day seems especially fresh. We begin with renewed hope in the future and a good sense of leaving the past...
Colin Dye Senior Minister Follow Colin Dye on: www.facebook.com/colindye.org and his blog: www.colindye.com Grace is the unmerited favour God has poured into our lives through Christ. This extravagant provision is first and foremost for the removal of our sin so that...
Colin Dye Senior Minister Follow Colin Dye on: www.facebook.com/colindye.org and his blog: www.colindye.com I spend so much time on the road that I sometimes feel as if I live out of a suitcase. Actually, several suitcases. I make sure I have everything I need from...
Colin Dye Senior Minister Follow Colin Dye on: www.facebook.com/colindye.org and his blog: www.colindye.com God has a fun side. Don’t you think that God had fun striping the zebra, stippling the leopard and designing the elephant? If that doesn’t convince you, look at...
Colin Dye Senior Minister Follow Colin Dye on: www.facebook.com/colindye.org and his blog: www.colindye.com It’s a labour of love. There’s no other way of describing it. Faith is active and it always works through love. Acceptance lies at the heart of the gospel. God,...
Colin Dye Senior Minister Follow Colin Dye on: www.facebook.com/colindye.org and his blog: www.colindye.com This is always a difficult question. There are those who say that it’s all down to us. God has spoken and if we position ourselves correctly he will move among...
Colin Dye Senior Minister Follow Colin Dye on: www.facebook.com/colindye.org and his blog: www.colindye.com Scripture is our full, ultimate and infallible guide. It is the very Word of God to us. But the Holy Spirit remains our daily tutor, helper and...
RT: XTRA Articles June Bible Reading Plan Overcoming the Evil of Racism with Good Elim Statement on Racial Justice RT:Xtra May: Finance Resurrection Reality by Jonathan Gwilt PAST ISSUES...
RT: XTRA Articles May Bible Reading plan RT:Xtra May: Finance PAST ISSUES April 2020 March 2020 Feb 2020 Jan 2020 Dec 2019 Nov 2019 Oct 2019 Sept 2019 Aug 2019 July 2019 June 2019 May 2019...
RT: XTRA Articles April Bible Reading plan 7 Minutes with God PAST ISSUES April 2020 March 2020 Feb 2020 Jan 2020 Dec 2019 Nov 2019 Oct 2019 Sept 2019 Aug 2019 July 2019 June 2019 May 2019...